Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Glass, Paper, And TV Darama On PC

I begun to work on one of the bottles I bought yesterday. The smaller one felt to be a good warm up before the XXX-Large fun.... Last night I poured, intermittently, Golden Liquid Acrylics Sap Green, Iridescent Gold (Fine) and Interference Oxide Red, down the bottle neck. After I closed it with an old cork top, I gave it some shakin' & rollin'.... and let it dry overnight.

One of my very favorite techniques to experiment with has always been a torn-up paper pieces glued to a surface. It started back in my grammar school when our art teacher decided to teach us mosaic making by gluing together pieces of colored papers. I deeply enjoyed those projects and I've been waiting for an opportunity to finally experiment with this technique as an adult. And that's how my bottle' surface met with newspaper and collage paper tonight... mutually cemented by Golden Soft Gel Semi-Gloss. As an accompaniment I used last week's 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Burn Notice' episodes played on my laptop while joining glass and paper in a rather unexpected union.... here's what my camera chronicled:


No comments:

Post a Comment