Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Friday, May 15, 2009

More Treasures Form Goodwill...

This morning I found my way to a local Goodwill store and found many delights for my creative inner youngster. One of the things that I noticed is a peaceful sense of abundance I experience as I walk in between the aisles stuffed to overflowing with wares and personal objects. It's fun to know that I can purchase whatever I want to, yet I try to exercise a gentle restraint to limit myself to the items that I will put to immediate use only.... otherwise my house will slowly begin to resemble a thrift store itself.

For over a year I've been wanting to find beer mugs as storage containers for my paint brushes, palette knives, color shapers etc. and enjoy them as I create. Today I was blessed with three such mugs at $1.99 each....

My specific reason to visit Goodwill today was to find some old books that I want to use in the upcoming collage, nicely aged pages with at least double-column printset. I bought two dictionaries, one published in 1951 and another more recently, in 1993. You can purchase a hardcover book at Goodwill, regardless the age, for..... $1.79! Going to a thrift store is truly an artist date for me, though that wasn't my conscious intention when I first started. I wrote about Goodwill and their wonderful mission that helps thousands of people throughout the country in my post from April 28, 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Love Goodwill.I've found some terasures and donated many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Tati! Wow, I've missed reading your wonderfully deep posts and seeing your wonderfully creative explorations on canvas. I live vicariously thru you as far as the bigger canvas goes. Since I create mostly mail art, I have to keep things smaller. Thanks for the kind words about my 5-layer post card and for visiting my blog. I hope we continue to stay in touch with each other! xoxo, Aimeslee

    p.s. - LOVED your wine bottle tutorial! Would love to try that sometime. You are so lucky to live near a real live Dick Blick store, and yes, nickel azo gold is the 8th wonder of the world, lol.

    ReplyDelete