Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Having Fun Doodle-ing With Polymer Medium...


New painting, as of yet, untitled.... I can see a generous coat of Golden Self-Leveling Gel in its future for a final touch, before applying a gloss varnish....
Last night I put in few finishing color layers onto one of the pieces I've been working on recently... besides adorining my painting with Golden Liquid Acrylics Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold ( a serious 'must-have' paint color that will enable you to perform color~texture magic in a brush-stroke-minute while leaving you astounded with a transformation of 'pretty-looking' painting into a WOW-effect exhuding masterpiece!)... I also relied on a much needed aid from Golden Heavy Body Acrylics Green Gold glaze and both, Interefence Violet and Green layers. Feel free to take my word for a visible distiction betweeen color and depth-suggesting texture of the painting, as the light~camera combination refuses to present a true value of the color pallette... above is the image I'd describe by quoting the title of one of my most favorite movies... As Good As It Gets....
Moving along to the next project being continued from a previous post or two ~ this one had a plastic wrap applied to the surface first, then I drew same shapes with a charcoal pencil. Next I cut out the wrap from the right side and applied fiber paste layer followed by painting leafy shape. Over the weekend I cut out the remaining wrap, piece by piece, tracing the elements of design once again.

~ in the next step I mixed Polymer Medium (Gloss) with Golden Liquid Acrylics Sap Green in a plastic bottle
~ I set out to paint the outlines of shapes with a heavy layer of polymer-paint mixture for more definition~
~ having tons of fun with 'painting-drawing' using paint-polymer mixture, I pulled out one of unfinished experiments from couple of months ago, and used the remaining product to doodle few fun shapes over the surface....
P.S.
This morning I hung 7 paintings at Caribou and shortly I'll be off to meet with whoever will enjoy a good cup of coffee sprinkled with creative sharing of ideas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment