Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Flowers In A Jar, Anyone?

This morning I treated myself to a generous serving of creative fun. I went out to a local Micheal's, picked up a shopping cart and off I went exploring the unlimited possibilities that each enchanting aisle was willingly revealing to me.... and to my wallet.

The highlight of my trip, and my day so far, has been a product called 'Got Flowers' - literally fabric-made flowers thrown into a vintage-styled jar topped with a silver metal lid. You can own this treasure in any color you can imagine and beyond... for a bargain $6.99. Now that's what I call good merchandising! Seeing these same flowers packaged in a plastic bag I'd thing $1.99 is my highest bid and final offer, unless someone hands me a 90%OFF coupon. But this jar was calling my name, and it just happened that the flowers also matched the color theme of my next altered art project. I'd say, 'Long Live 5Ps of Marketing' - Product, Placement, Promotion, Price, PACKAGING - because it seems to me that a clever product packaging might just be immune to the economic indicators....

Take a look for yourself, even if brown is not very high on the list of your hottest colors. Would you take this jar of flowers home? Would you share them?.... No?

I wouldn't either!!!


Unlimited Calling US/Canada $9.95/mo.



1 comment:

  1. Ooo flowers with text and swirls. A must for any mixed media girl.

    ReplyDelete