Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Just Love This Book!

I've been inspired with countless project ideas as I'm reading through a latest book by Patti Brady 'Rethinking Arcylic.' She and other artists share countless step-by-step processes of using acrylic paints and mediums. This book inspired me to start working on 'Grow' as I wanted to experiment with mediums and abundance of texture-creating ideas. I can't get enough of it, it's laying open on my desk and I'm ready to start pouring and pouring and pouring.... paints, mediums mixed with gels and pastes onto.... something!

This book is a creative feast for me. I went to Product Learning Expo last year and took a workshop on using acrylic gels and mediums, and it suffice to say that I was never the same as an artist afterwords.... it opened for me countless vistas of new possibilities in textures, layer creating skills, color building. My very favorite medium is CRACKLE PASTE and for me it is the best invention since microwave! Next on my list of my favorites - GLASS BEAD GEL, though I've done some experiments with it, I still feel I haven't even begun to know all its possibilities. Add to the mix an entire range of fluid acrylic paint + interferences tempting you to explore their metallic qualities under numerous light sources and angles. And that's what I call 'creative sustenance'!




Unlimited Calling US/Canada $9.95/mo.



I'm off to work on a new project for Creativity Portal...

No comments:

Post a Comment