Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Friday, March 6, 2009

"Modern Women" Series - An Altered Art Keepsake



The buttons helped me to change direction with this piece. Initially I wanted to use short lengths of ribbon and some stickers, but the bag of buttons kept 'calling my name' and I found a sheet of collage paper from a last year's workshop I took. Once I saw those old newspaper classifieds-style images I laid the stickers aside and pulled the bag of buttons closer...
The image on the piece is an ad for a sawing machine company and I have another one depicting a hair product for women. I want to create another couple of altered tiles to complement the first piece and use similar theme images.Since the size of this altered art composition is only 4x4, a small gessoed board, I think having 3-4 pieces in a series will create a strong theme and bring all of them into a stronger unity.
The entire project has been published on Creativity Portal. See a Step-by-Step instructions here:


1 comment:

  1. I did a 'double-take' when I read this post. I think you meant to say "sEwing machine" instead of sAwing machine". I suddenly thought an evil magician had snuck into the article and was about to saw a modern woman in half! LOL!!!
    I love your Blog. I find the stories entertaining and the tutorials and product rviews inspiring and informative. I'm going to subscribe via Bloglines so I don't miss any new articles. :)

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete