Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Where I Am Now...

March 8th is an International Women's Day and, for me, it will forever have a connotation of yet another 'great Communist idea.' I still have those memories of women receiving gifts at their workplaces: 'a-must' of 3 red carnations bouquet + one pair of pantyhose (an item marked by a serious scarcity). However, to me, it always felt that it was a day for men's celebration, as crowds of drunken men 'honoring' women's day were frequenting the streets. That's my little reminiscence about times past...

I started working on a mandala project. It is not a perfect geometry, 'let's copy the Tibetan Buddhism' designs mandala. I try follow an intuitive process of expression here, very similar to what Carl Jung did throughout the years in his private life and psychotherapy practice called 'Active Imagination.' The initial design is very intuitive, mostly drawing and erasing in-the-flow , letting shapes emerge without much thought for the design from an aesthetic standpoint.


Next I will begin to fill-in-the mandala. I feel that mixed media, collage elements, with a possible addition of some found objects, is what the mandala 'wants.' I'll try to let it happen by taking my ego out of the way as much as I can. It always takes the pressure of 'making' something, and making it 'good enough' to call it art.... My intention is to just stand aside and observe as the Mandala will be BECOMING...
On a side note, I am putting together a Mandala Creation workshop for the fall. Once I have more details I'll post them in.

Unlimited Calling US/Canada $9.95/mo.


No comments:

Post a Comment