Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Artmaking In The Time Of Mourning...

Today I took my art making a little deeper... in the past I'd be waiting for a perfect eclipse and astronomical alignment before I'd get to my art table and start moving my 'feet.' Very early this morning I got a news that my friend's husband passed away and I am still trying to put my little mind around it, but somehow it doesn't fit....

Though times like this may not seem to be very conducive to art making, I decided to go on and show up at my table and let 'things' happen to the previously painted gessoboard. As I mixed my paints and gels and, later on, applied them to the surface, the song I kept on playing was 'If Today Was Your Last Day' by Nickelback from their latest album, 'Dark Horse.' There's not a single line of lyrics in this song that it's irrelevant to me today... I encourage you to check out this song, or read its lyrics, at least.

If today was my last day I'd still want to put some time to work on this piece, just as I did it this afternoon.... reminiscing and mourning.







Enhance Self Esteem and Self Awareness
Overcome negativity with our self healing and awareness emotional development programs. Find the hope and courage to more fully enjoy life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your sadness, Tatiana. I looked up the words to the song and it's beautiful with good things to remember each day. And such an interesting piece you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artmaking in the Time of Mourning is a beautiful title here. I am glad you used your artmaking and listening to that special song to help you process your feelings. I feel the emotion in this post. The gold background (what color?) is very spiritual feeling and I am wondering what the symbols mean in the last image?
    I send you prayers and blessings during this time.

    ReplyDelete