Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catching Up...

I decided to make some serious progress today on the numerous unfinished projects in my life. I didn't have a chance to get to them all, but at least some movement towards their completion has been initiated.

One particular item, my Emotional Expressive Art course, that's part of my curriculum, has been lagging behind since January. On the surface it seems to be the most fun class for me to take, yet for some reason I've kept on pushing it to the end of the line... as an artist I have been puzzled by my lack of interest in it, or rather a strong resistance to the process. Perhaps it has something to do with my resistance to following instructions and directions when it comes to my creative expression and life-in-general, too.
I finally had a 'conversation' with myself.... I'm going through a strenuous training to become a spiritual teacher and counselor and help others on their own journey, it's not about 'me' anymore, I'm here to serve others and this course is testing my commitment.... just a tiny, tiny bit. The question now becomes will I let it stand between my intention or will I move through it with humility and grace? I feel grateful to say that as of right now, I'm on a home stretch with the projects I've been assigned to complete.

I also put some work to an art piece from over a week ago in which I decided to explore textures to the exclusion of most everything else, except for color. It is not finished yet, but below are 'before' and 'now' pictures.


Offering 20 personal development and spiritual growth programs at Higher Awareness


3 comments:

  1. Keep working hard Tatiana. It will be worth in when you reach your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Uta, I deeply appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piece. Is that like moedling paste that makes the 3D texture? Or just thick gesso?

    ReplyDelete