Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Excerpt From My New Article

Adventures In Mixed Media Textures.

2 Simple Techniques On How To Build An Unexpected Mixed Media Background

Each one of us must begin a new artwork with a blank canvas, yet sometimes that’s where the journey of our project ends…

Event though, we may have, a more or less, clear sense of what we’d like to create, still, as we’re standing face-to-face with a pristine canvas, our deepest self-doubts and loudest voices of criticism come to the surface of our awareness and cause us to freeze in a creative paralysis. Soon we realize that the faith of our new project will be determined by whether or not we’d be able to continue to move forward despite this not very nurturing inner environment.

I’ve learned that if I narrow my focus down and concentrate on a first brush stroke, a first serving of a medium applied to the surface, and nothing else, I can soon find my own rhythm and embrace the simple fact that I don’t need to know where this collage or painting is going in order to complete it. Slowly, I begin the journey with curiosity-sparking questions by asking myself ‘What if….?.’ For example, What if I immerse a half a pound of shredded paper in a heavy gel? What if I try to incorporate small and large pieces of potpourri into a pumice paste? The following techniques are great Creative Icebreakers...
to be continued at Creativity Portal.... click here to read the entire article titled 'Adventures In Mixed Media Textures.'

Offering 20 personal development and spiritual growth programs at Higher Awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment