Artist's Prayer


Give us Your daily Inspiration
So, we can live a Creative Life.
And lead us away from self-doubt,
For to doubt our creativity
Is to doubt Your Voice within us.
Amen.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Growing...

This piece is going through one metamorphosis after another and I am growing with it. I dare to say it changed 'a bit' since my last post...
I slowly am coming to a realization that creativity is a journey in Growing one's self-esteem and somehow this particular piece explores growth. I started with a neatly arranged elements, but kept on yearning for more depth and uncertainty. I actually hesitated to pour some mediums and colors on the surface to build the layers. A little perfectionist, afraid of making a mistake, kept holding my hand. But the spontaneity-cherishing Self pushed for the unknown...
I believe that this artwork connects with something deeper within me, it feels authentic and I'll gladly sign my name on it once finished.
For now I'll keep on adding layers and elements until I hear an inner prompting to stop.

2 comments:

  1. I love the layers. Well done. The colours are fabulous too. I just want to keep looking and delving into the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tatiana,
    Glad I stopped by to see your "Grow" creation. Thank you for sharing step by step process both in photos and in your words. Like you, I love to ponder the deeper symbolic meaning of connection between myself and the art process. I'm glad you got past some voices and kept going. Colors are delicate pastels but the texture adds wonderful contrast and impact. Keep Growing!!

    ReplyDelete